The Complete Breath:
- Make sure to sit in a comfortable seated position with your back straight and your feet flat on the floor.
- Close your eyes and place your hands on your lower belly, below the belly button.
- Inhale slowly through the nose, breathing deeply and consciously allowing your ribs to expand and your lower abdomen to push out at the level of your hands (3-5 seconds).
- Next, focus on filling the top of the lungs to expand the chest (3-5 seconds).
- Hold your breath for a moment.
- Exhale slowly and purposefully, emptying the chest first and the abdomen last.
- Repeat 4 times and enjoy the relaxation.