Here are my 5 go-to remedies to make me feel better.
- For nasal congestion use a Neti-Pot twice a day.
- Take Vitamin C in high doses and Andrographis capsules to help fight off the virus.
- For a sore throat and to soothe a cough, drink Licorice tea as needed throughout the day. Clear liquids and herbal teas are encouraged, 2L everyday at least!
- Avoid dairy and refined sugar. Dairy is mucogenic (makes you more congested) and refined sugar suppresses your immune system.
- Sleep! Stay home and take the time to rest. Your body is busy mounting an immune response to the virus and needs all the resources you can spare. And your co-workers will appreciate it too!
And as I always mention to patients, getting sick every once in a while is good! It primes your immune system to remember how to fight infection efficiently and effectively. Once or twice a year is fine, but any more than that and I would consider looking into immune system imbalances.